Marlborough based Computer Software Support
Create IT is a local Blenheim based IT services business that provides a range of computer support options.
Remote Computer Software Support
Create IT provides remote computer support via Team Viewer. We have a secure quick support app that you can download to get support for your Windows or Mac computer.
As long as your computer is able to connect to the internet, and you have a reliable broadband connection, you can download and run our remote support app to enable us to check out your computer without having to wait for a site visit. This can save on callout fees, and small jobs can be done at short notice. If you require regular support you can save money too, as our job tracking system is accurate to the minute, and rather than charging per job, we can provide a monthly time based invoice rounded to the nearest 1/2 hour, so if for example you have a lot of small 5 minute jobs you only pay for the total time rounded up, not 1/2 an hour per job.
Team Viewer remote support app doesn't need to be installed, just download it and run it, saying yes to any requests for permission from Windows then call Create IT to request assistance. The app is perfectly safe, as it will only run when you choose, and it's preconfigured for Create IT to log in. We can't get into your computer without you starting the remote control app first, and other people can't use it to take control of your computer.
How much does computer support cost?
- Standard Rate $85 + GST ($97.75 incl GST) per hour.
- Urgent Rate $130 + GST ($149.50 incl GST) per hour
- There is no callout charge for remote support, however there is a minimum time charged of 15 minutes. After the initial 15 minutes, Create IT charges to the nearest minute.
- For regular clients requiring mulitple hours support a month, monthly time will be recorded and billed at the end of the month.
How to get Remote Support
- Click the following link to Download the Team Viewer remote support app for Windows
- When downloaded, run the app.
- If asked whether you want to allow the app to make changes to your computer, click yes.
- Call or text Create IT to let us know you're waiting for support.
- When the app asks you if you want to allow a remote connection, click allow.
What we support
- Microsoft Office including Word, Office, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher
- Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Corel Paintshop Pro
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Mozilla Thunderbird (Email)
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft SQL Server
If you need support for software not included on this list we may still be able to help, so feel free to give us a call for a no obligation evaluation of your issue.
Computer servicing and upgrades
Create IT can provide a limited range of computer servicing, repairs, and upgrades. We can help with the following:
- Computer virus and malware removal
- Recovery of crashed Windows systems
- Backup and data transfer
- Hard drive and storage upgrades
What makes Create IT different
Create IT is small, but has considerable experience having been supporting PCs since 1996. We can't guarantee 24/7 support however we'll do our best to help you.
Create can IT support standalone PCs, and small office/home office network environments, with or without a dedicated server. We support both Windows and Linux PCs including mixed networked environments with both Windows and Linux. For larger business networks with more than 4-5 computers, we recommend you contract a larger IT services business with experience dealing with large clients.
Create IT has a policy of openness, and if you want to know what's going on, feel free to ask. Be aware that explanations may cause a job to take longer, but you don't need to feel like you're being left in the dark with no idea whether there was anything you could have done to prevent a problem occuring. We're quite happy to take the time to explain to you how to carry out preventative measures to avoid problems in future, as long as you're happy to pay for the time to explain things or provide training.
Create IT believes the best job is a good job, not a cheap job. When parts need replacing we use quality parts that we believe will prove reliable, however we'll always make an effort to get you good value for money.
Although Create IT provides remote support, we're based in Marlborough, New Zealand, and like to put money back into the local community. Create IT has developed one of the biggest online resources of information about Marlborough, Marlborough Online, at our own expense. No offshore support company will be committed to your community like Create IT.